If you are on regular medication a repeat prescription maybe authorised by your Doctor.
Please use the repeat prescription slip available at reception. You may also order online.
- You may put your request slip into our designated Repeat Prescription Post box in Reception, or
- Send it by post with a stamped addressed envelope providing 48 hours notice or
- Send in a request via our Online Services
- The computer generated repeated prescription would have a tear off portion listing your repeat medications. Please use this portion to request a repeat prescription if you so wish.
- Please order the medications you require and do not order them automatically. These savings can be invested into more care and services.
Repeat prescription ordering and appointment booking are now available online via the Patient Access link. Using this service patients can also access their medical records for information regarding their medical problems, medication and adverse reactions.
To sign up to use this service please contact reception for your online registration instructions.
Repeat Prescription Policy
Please order your medication before you run out and ensure you have enough medication as up to 48 hours is required for the request to be processed. Regretfully we cannot take telephone requests for repeat prescription due to possibility of error.
Pre-payment Certificates - For information on help with costs of medicine charges Please visit http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx
Medicines waste is a serious and growing problem within the NHS. Sometimes Patients and Carers continue to request more repeat medicines than they need and stockpile at home.
Shrewsbury Road Surgery is pleased to inform you that we provide Electronic Prescribing Services (EPS).
Electronic Prescribing enables the practice to electronically send prescriptions to a pharmacy of a patients choice. This makes prescribing and dispensing medication efficient and convenient for patients and staff.
- If you collect repeat prescriptions you will not need to visit the practice to pick up your prescription, the practice would have sent it electronically to your nominated pharmacy and you can go straight there.
- The prescription is generated electronically, so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as your repeat prescriptions can be made ready before you arrive.
Prescriptions required near Bank Holidays
To reduce the risk of running out of medication when the Practice is closed due to a Bank/Public Holiday, please ensure you order your medication early to allow for this busy period.